Welcome to the Future of Medicine and Research
Stem Cell Technology
SMSbiotech is a San Diego based biotech company utilizing a novel human stem cell to advance the field of regenerative medicine.
Currently, many conventional drugs and treatments address patients’ symptoms instead of the root causes of the disease. This approach can result in ongoing health issues like non-healing wounds or diseases we merely live with like COPD. SMSbiotech’s patented regenerative technology intends to change this status quo. Its approach addresses the lack of ability of many patients to restore cells and tissues that have been damaged by disease or trauma.
The healthy human body has an innate ability to heal and the drive to protect itself. When the mechanisms that signal this response are impaired, the body needs assistance to restore that ability. SMSbiotech has established a newly discovered technology that is largely donor independent and ethically sourced from living, human adults.
By using the right source and tapping scientifically into that inherent mechanism for regeneration, therapies and treatments can be developed to assist the human body in healing.
- A novel, patented approach that produce unique human allogeneic adult Small Mobile Stem (SMS) cells.
- Manufactures cells for therapeutic use, at an industrial scale.
- Manufactures complex human extracellular matrices (ECMs).
- Manufactures ECMs for therapeutic purposes, such as wound healing.
- Produces human ECMs with unique angiogenic capabilities for use in research and development.
Who We Are
SMSbiotech was founded based on its revolutionary adult stem cell research. Through a combination of hard work and over three decades of experience in research and applications, we have been able to patent a new platform technology. Our technology will change the way that life science industries approach the research of cells, drugs and toxins by providing a wide spectrum of medical applications.
ANGIOstream™ – VG
A unique angiogenesis assay system that uses proprietary human ECMs and primary endothelial cells to capture and monitor the complex multi-stage, multi-step process of stable micro- and large macrovessel formation in vitro. This system
- Uses human ECMs pre-coated onto cell culture plates for immediate use.
- Produces highly stable (weeks to months) micro- and macrovessels.
- Exhibits a unique, complex, multi-stage, multi-step vessel formation process.
stemInduce™ – MAG
stemInduce™ MAG medium induces Umbilical Cord Mesenchymal Stem Cell self-assembly.
- Sterile, ready-to-use and available in various sizes
- Induces the active reorganization of Umbilical Cord Mesenchymal Stem Cells
- The cells migrate towards a center and organize into a complex 3D cell assembly
- The complex 3D cell assembly initiates after 2D cell confluency is achieved and continues for many days
sceMatrix™ extracellular matrices (ECMs) providing in vitro, optimized environments for many different types of cells
- Derived from human stem cell line
- Mimics in vivo extracellular matrices
- Pre-coated as a thin layer to facilitate microscopic imaging for cell culture
- Optimal for adult stem cell growth such as human mesenchymal stem cells
ANGIOstream™ – VR
ANGIOstream™ – VR is a unique in vitro human vessel regression assay. The kit allows the easy monitoring of the multi-step process of micro- and macrovessel regression. This system
- Pre-coated cell culture plates with human ECM ready for immediate use
- Establishes highly stable micro- and macro-vessels including suspended macro-vessels for testing regression
- Allows for the efficient prescreening of a multitude of compounds
Therapeutic Human Extracellular Matrix hECM
Product is in development.